Thursday, 22 June 2017

Matariki stars with Cecilia's GG


Carrie's lesson 5 yr olds


After some observational drawing to start the day, I read the story of Matariki. The class have been doing some work around this already, so it tied in nicely.
We talked about the seven sisters and set about drawing seven stars, I had a few pre-cut stars for those who needed them to draw around. I encouraged them to colour each star differently to represent different personalities using oil pastels.
The background was painted with watercolours and most went with a dark blue or purple night sky.







I had already done a session of printmaking with this class but
 encouraged small groups to come and finish printing outfits
for their Kapa Haka performance next term. I had a few keen participants



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...