Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Cats K4

Gretchen's lesson
5 year olds

I have continued with my 'predator free neighbourhoods' theme. Several lessons that precede this one will offer you more details.

Detail of a cat drawing.


I read the children some cat stories. Several of them had cats at home.  We talked about how we could stop cats eating the native birds. The children understood the problem and had many examples of cat/bird conflicts.
I suggested bells on cats and they felt comfortable about that idea.





I used Laurel Burch's cat art as motivation for the cat drawings.
Some of the children latched onto her way of working while others used their own ideas.
















We followed up with smaller cat drawings using pens and layers of coloured pencils.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...