7-8 year olds
I showed the children photographs of old caravans. We discussed where they were, why they were there, their shapes and colours and what was around them.
- The children drew their own caravan shapes on practice paper.
- They used white chalk on coloured pastel paper (rough surface) to outline their holiday scene with the caravan being the main focus.
- They coloured the picture with oil pastel.
- They went over the original chalk lines with a chosen colour to strengthen the image.
- Once their picture was complete, they drew the inside of their caravans with pen on white paper.
- They wrote a description of their caravan and any cool features it had.