Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Carrots K4

Crayon rubbing and ink print.

Observational drawing of the carrot.




Layering the cardboard pieces.





5 and 6 year olds.
I gave the children the carrots I used yesterday with the 9 and 10 year olds. They were still in good condition. They made an observational drawing of them. I encouraged detail by handing out magnifying glasses.


I gave the children a base board which they named on the back. They had lighter card to draw the different parts of their carrot image on. They cut these out and assembled their carrot on the base board, sticking it on with PVA.
I changed tack a bit when I noticed the carrot tops where cut out but lacked detail. I handed out green card for finer work that could be layered. Being a different colour seemed to do the trick.


They made layered crayon rubbings, ensuring all the PVA was dry.


Then they rolled ink onto the card carrot and put it into the hydraulic press.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...