Thursday, 17 September 2015

Ted Dutch V5


Ted Dutch example






8 and 9 year olds

Today's art has been inspired by the work of New Zealand artist, Ted Dutch.

We learnt a little about his background, including his interest in drawing from the early age of 6 and his drawings of London (where he is from)  during the blitz when he was 12.

After looking at several examples of his work, it was easy for the children to identify Ted's signature faces. I surrounded the children with Ted's images and those of robots.

They made several drawings in Ted's style, using black crayon.

They had a choice of black pens or kebab sticks and Indian ink to draw their images.
They surrounded them with circuit boards patterns using coloured wax crayon. This was covered with dye of the same colour.

A little added colour was the final touch.












9 comments:

  1. Wow! These are Fantastic. I was confusing some of your student work for Dutch's. Their robots and crayon resist circuit boards look great together. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I am very proud of the children's efforts.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Gretchen for putting my art on your blog. I showed my mum and she likes it she even said " wow". Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florentina, you have done so well. Your work deserves to be seen.

      Delete
  3. I really like seeing the work that we did even though mine isn't on. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have been able to put your art on your blog.

      Delete
  4. thanks for putting my art on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always tricky for me to know which art to include on the art blog. I try to include a cross section of styles from the class. I think the blog will loose its impact if I put 30 pieces of art on each day. I am pleased you enjoy seeing your art here.

      Delete
  5. Very inspiring Gretchen, love these. These children are so lucky to have these wonderful art days with you and Carrie. I must try the indian ink.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...