Wednesday, 10 December 2014

The Three Wise Men R9



7 and 8 year olds.


I played my favourite Christmas story for the children. See my previous post for the link.
We focussed on the three kings. We had a discussion about what oriental kings would have looked like.

I followed the previous lesson I had taken with 5 year olds last week. the three wise men Instead of black crayon, They used black ink and kebab sticks. The colour is either colouring in pencil or concentrated dye applied with cotton buds. I left the choice up to them. Most of them chose the dye. They added the names of the kings.






The observational skills of the children have improved a lot. These are their 10 minute sketches of dried protea flowers.










The children hard at work on the second to last week of term.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...