Thursday, 13 November 2014

Rapunzel K2






5 Year olds.

Rapunzel.
I played the story teller tape to the children, which I have recently found online.
storytellerwebsite
They are stories which are anything from a few minutes to 10 or 11 minutes long. They are read by a variety of people including Joanna Lumley. They are a favourite of mine. I have had the box of tapes and books since 1990. They were given to me by the mother of 5 year old twins, who I was teaching at the time. They fill the few minutes between activities, the time just after lunch and the few moments before going home. They are calming and absorb the children's imaginations. The older children request them, to be played in the background as they work.

Some of the children had heard the story and were very excited when we started talking about her tower. I provided the cut up paper and the tall white paper to work on. They drew their tower and began the brick laying.
The stunning princesses have a crop of long golden hair which the children attempted plaiting. This wasn't very successful as it is a tricky skill.
The backgrounds are wax crayon, covered with dye, the prince on his horse was added last. He is pen and coloured pencil.

I have had a few goes at loading short videos with no success. If any of you have tips, I'd love to hear them. They are taken on an iPad and are only seconds, not minutes long.


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think that stories are a great way to start an art project! I love the use of the yarn. The kids must have love this project :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...