Tuesday, 14 October 2014

CD Packaging Designs V6













9 and 10 year olds

I was given a packet of round blank CD labels. I also had a stack of old CDs. Hence the design lesson.

We looked at a collection of CDs and their packets. I asked the children to identify focal points, stand out colour, lettering and overall impact.

Their task was to design a label and packet cover for a ficticious artist. It always surprizes me how easily they take on tasks. I don't recall any child who was lost for ideas. Some of the children have linked the packet and CD closely through design. I offered the children a choice of materials. Coloured pencils, markers, water coloured paint, coloured adhesive, magazines and glue.

We followed a five step design process. 1. Read the brief, 2. reasearch 3. explore ideas 4. refine 5. Deliver the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...