Monday, 1 September 2014

Wacky Races R9


I glued these 'invented vehicles' onto large pages and I was reminded of the cartoon we used to watch, "The Wacky Races". I did a quick search and showed the children a short YouTube of Penelope Pitstop and her friends. It would be a great way to introduce the lesson.







7 year olds.
The children made their "Calendar Art" as the previous class had. invented-vehicles-k5.

It was interesting to see how an older group of children approached this lesson. Several didn't take as much care when they applied the colour, but imaginations went crazy. Others knew more about vehicles and were swayed by that knowledge.

As you can probably tell, I love this lesson.










3 comments:

  1. Wacky Races! OMG I used to love watching that cartoon on Saturday mornings as a kid! Talk about a blast from the past! The kids wacky racers are great! I'm pinning this one if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...