Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Portraits M12












8 year olds.

Our school has been asked to make about 30 portraits for an exhibition for Ronald MacDonald House.

I enjoy a focus and a deadline. I have less than 2 weeks to come up with the goods. They have asked for a variety of portraits from 5 year olds and up. Also a variety of mediums.

I began today with a year four class. I had taken portrait lessons in the past and was able to draw on the knowledge the children had already accumulated.

I followed the guidelines from a previous lesson. portraits-by-seven-year-olds.

They had blackboard chalk in a limited range of colours. The children who got into their work with their fingers, achieved excellent blended skin tones.

Calendar art is still needed for each class, so in the afternoon the children made the collage images above. 

1 comment:

  1. These are so strong! I love the combination of media!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...