Friday, 19 September 2014

Jack and the Beanstalk K2


Observational drawings of feathers.


The trunk.
The beanstalk.


The castle.









5 year olds.

I read the first part of the story "Jack and the Beanstalk". I stopped when Jack got to the top of the beanstalk. The children made their own beanstalk by cutting out a trunk and adding leaves. They cut leaf shapes out of green pages in magazines.

I read a little more. The children designed their own castles, after a lovely discussion about what a castle looks like. They used black crayon and pastels.

I read some more. The children made the giant using pen and coloured pencils.

I read to the end and they made Jack, climbing the beanstalk, using markers and jovis. We discussed what his legs and arms would be doing. 

The children put their picture together on a large piece of black paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...