Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Futuristic Cities V6























9 and 10 year olds.

The theme of today's art was futuristic cities. I asked if they had heard of the 'old school' cartoon show called The Jetsons. Many had. I showed them a few pictures from the show and discussed the futuristic elements.
They filled a page with drawings of offices, shops, schools, transportation etc from the future.

I showed the children part of an Australian art show called "Colour in your life" featuring an artist called Nicholas Broughton. http://www.colourinyourlife.com.au  I focused on the way he draws foreground houses and then the houses behind with ease.

With this overlapping in mind, the children created their futuristic city using pen. The colour is pencil.

We had access to 4 iPads. The children created a record of what they were doing using the app Pic Collage. They had had experience with this app before. I will take their iPad presentation further, next time they come to me. I wasn't sure how much they knew or how well only 4 iPads would work.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving us an idea of doing one of our own futuristic city By MAX.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Max. You did a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...