Monday, 14 July 2014

Art ideas

I went into an art gallery in Portland the other day. After Powells book store! Wow. The art in the gallery looked interesting, a little like painted woodcuts. The artist was in the store at the time so I was able to have a chat to him about his art. I love travelling in English speaking countries!
It wasn't wood cuts, but lino cuts, painted with acrylic paint. He said he wasn't sure what the long term effect oil paint would have on the lino. 
I imagined the kids making lino cuts, printing as usual, then using the lino as their canvas to paint on. I would give them the little acrylic paint tubes I have and fine brushes, as I think student acrylic may not have enough depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...