Thursday, 12 June 2014

Birds and their houses. K5


5 and 6 year olds

Some days in the art room are just a joy to be part of.
Today was one of those. The children were very focussed, imaginative and positive.

They began with a piece of corrugated card. They drew their birdhouse shape. I manned the craft knife for obvious reasons. They decorated their house with their own ideas, considering what would be appeal to a bird.

The little bird was drawn then cut out (by me) on foam board. It was thick enough to host feathers and ridged enough to stand on the little perch.



















The materials we used today were varied. They included markers, coloured pencils, water colour paint, glue staples, feathers, and pipe cleaners.




5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these - just perfect. I will have to figure out a different method because running a blade through cardboard is one of those weird things I just can't stand doing! So special with the bird and the house design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hope. I'm keen to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Thank you for all the picts which show the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Gretchen

    I hope you are having a grate time with island bay school and with all of this art in the School it is so beautiful all thanks to you you are one of the top five adults in the School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam. This is one of the nicest comments I have received.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...