Friday, 7 March 2014

The Cat in the Hat R8








6 and 7 year olds.
My daughter asked me to read Dr Seuss's "Oh the Places You'll Go," at her wedding. I prepared myself by reading it to 6 classes of children.
That was what got me thinking about Dr Seuss's art.
I showed the children a YouTube of "The Cat in the Hat". I was able to pause and discuss the artwork.  The children were quick to identify the limited colour palette and the amount of white he leaves.
I put an image of The Cat up in the room as reference and they drew him with black crayon. They were fabulously observant.
They added the red with cotton buds and concentrated dye.

They went on the draw the machine that The Cat uses to clean up the house. They used kebab sticks and black ink. Once it was dry, they added the colour the same way as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...