Tuesday, 31 December 2013

No New Clothes for a Year.

My New Years Resolution for 2013 was to resist buying new clothes for a year. I made up the rules! I allowed myself new shoes as second hand ones are a bit dodgy. As with underwear. Yuck. I  also allowed myself to sew clothes, which I enjoy doing.

I made it. Today marks one year.

It was no real hardship. I've been a second hand store shopper for decades. It was an enjoyable challenge. I made no more clothes than I would in a normal year. I bought 2 pairs of new shoes. I matched throw away underwear, with new underwear. And had a ball in second hand stores.

I am wondering what long term effect it will have on me. Time will tell. I predict a bit of a shopping flurry in new stores. Then I won't be surprised if the majority of my clothing will be op shop stuff.

Now to plan a new New Years Resolution. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...