Sunday, 3 November 2013

Zentangle Bunting M14










8 year olds
The children designed their own initial letter, keeping it chunky and one that would fit into a triangle shape.
I showed them a You Tube about zentangling. www.youtube.com/ They practiced a few of their own. I encouraged sharing of ideas.
They penciled their initial letter onto a triangle of calico I had previously cut. I allowed an extra fabric allowance at the top so it could be folded over and a casing could be stitched. I threaded the needles for the children to use to do this task.
Once the triangle of calico was stitched and the letter penciled, they zentangled their letter in pen. The space outside the letter was coloured with strong dye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...