Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Joan Miro inspired art







6 year olds.

Thank you Hope, for the great idea for this lesson. dolvinartknight.blogspot.co.nz

I showed the children images of Joan Miro's art work. We discussed what they saw in the art.
 I asked them to give me scenarios, such as an elephant eating lunch with a knife and fork. I asked if we would ever see this happen. If it was a real situation or a surreal one. Miro's art is surreal. 
They practiced a few of the faces they identified in his art.
They made up their own pictures using black markers. They wet the page and lay coloured tissue paper over the page. Once it was dry they removed the tissue which leaves colour on the page.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, they look great! So expressive. I really like the tissue technique. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...