Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Weaving and Painting R9













6 year olds.

This was a very enjoyable day. 
The children began with a practice paper weaving project. This told me who could manage the "under and over" concept. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of children who managed without a problem. I supported about 3 or 4 children with their work.
I cut some large pieces of cardboard into strips, not all the way through though. I cut up a pile of fabric into strips which the children wove through their card loom. Once the wefts were in place, with minimum space between them, they secured the ends of fabric with glue.
I provided paint which the children used to embellish their work. They loved this part and had a lot of fun. 
They made their own little swing tag which they wrote their names on. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...