Monday, 23 September 2013

Stick painting V3









8 and 9 year olds.
This is an art project we undertook a few weeks ago, but I have taken ages to get around to photographing the installation. As you'll notice, some are coming to grief.
It was a very engaging project. We loosely based the art around Aboriginal designs. The wood is driftwood from the river mouth. It has been nicely dried by the sun. I painted them all white to save time and to give the children a 'blank canvas'. The children created their designs in bands around the sticks. This way they could do as many as time would allow and still look complete.

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this! Looks like it was a big success. I can't find good sticks around here - too barky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Hope, time for a trip to the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I'd be able to collect that many sticks...I have 100 students or more in every grade level. I wanna try it though. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I waited until I had a few kids around at our place and we went off on a stick collecting adventure, very successful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...