Monday, 12 August 2013

Grumpy Cat R8







7 year olds,
I began this lesson by looking at grumpy cat drawing on.artprojectsforkids Thanks for the inspiration Kathy.
Many of the children had heard of "Grumpy cat" from his internet fame. We looked and discussed what made him look grumpy. We wanted to capture the grumpiness with charcoal. So we had a few practices as you can see above. I didn't want to offer too many guidelines as it is their interpretation that is important. We did spend a bit of time looking at proportions and relations between parts of his face.
I emphasised working out to the sides of the page and making the charcoal look like fur.

4 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!!! Link back to my site to learn what that means.

    Beth
    http://itisartday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your art classes Gretchen, this is another outstanding one - love the grumpy cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Justine. This cat is a winner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...