There has been quite a build up to this creative process. The making of my daughters wedding dress. We bought the fabric together back in May with quite a clear idea of what we were going to do with it. Alice (daughter) has a 'bride dress' Pinterest board with a stack of dress ideas on it. She was after a 1950's look. It is almost the first pin she pinned. I didn't have a pattern but have thought it through for a couple of months. Alice came to stay for the 3 days it took to make. She was a very obliging mannequin. I made a mock up using calico. We changed several initial ideas as we went along. The sleeve length is a cap sleeve now, the skirt is gathered rather than box pleated, the darts are curved and so on. There ended up being 4 meters of fabric around the skirt. We found an excellent You Tube on how to insert an invisible zip. http://www.youtube.com She made it easier than a regular zip. I can only put sightly obscured photos up as these things are a little bit of a secret until the big day.