Monday, 8 April 2013

group geometric murals R7









5 and 6 year olds.
I've taken this lesson with an older class. I am amazed at how easily the children grasped the concepts and worked so well within their groups of 4 or 5 children. We brainstormed shapes. I asked them to draw shapes in black crayon and to connect them to one another and the sides of the page. I was imagining chaos, but they used a uniform size and connected the shapes creatively. I had no reason to intervene. As a group, they had to come up with a 3 colour pallet.
The only upset was paint on the carpet...yes carpet in the room I am using. Ahhh.
They then made their own individual piece using pastels.
This is a fun lesson to take.
Many thanks to Katie for this excellent lesson idea. http://experimentsinarteducation.blogspot.co.nz.

1 comment:

  1. These are fun! I always love this type of project! ( the kids too! ) :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...