Wednesday, 10 April 2013

foil relief M12











8 year olds.

I told this class that they were my guinea pigs as this a very new process for me. I had to explain that. Some decided they would prefer to be bunnies.
There are a few things that can make this a tricky process to deal with. The foil can rip at any stage, the paint application is hard to manage and the rubbing back can smooth the indentations.
But saying that, it was a very enjoyable time. I heard a few unprovoked "this is awesome" comments.

The children began by making an observational drawing of their chosen subject. The drew it again with their non drawing hand, trying to make it as big as possible. This can free up those who feel they have to "get it right". Thirdly, they drew the subject (with their hand of choice) so it was larger than the page...zooming in. This is the image they drew on their piece of foil, that they had wrapped  securely around a piece of card, using pencil.
They rubbed paint all over the foil and rubbed it back as much as they wanted. They requested coloured paint, not black like I had imagined.
They stuck the foil to a larger piece of card and extended the drawing onto it using pen and coloured pencils.

I found the idea for this art process at http://dalimoustache.blogspot.co.nz. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...