Friday, 8 March 2013

dragonflies






Five year olds.
The new children to our school came to the art room for the day. My aim was to allow them to experience several different mediums and techniques. I find their attention is limited if they spend too long with one medium. So a dragonfly made using collage, paint, marker pen and pastel worked a treat.  They worked on large paper after their initial observational drawing of a dragonfly. They managed cutting the heavy brown paper admirably. Probably because it held it's shape well.

2 comments:

  1. Dragonflies! My favorite! I can't wait until it warms up around here and all my dragonfly friends start zipping about my garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky thing. I see them about 2 or 3 times a year. Often dead. I've used photos, where the real thing would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...