Friday, 4 January 2013

snail drawings





Observations of a snail
5 year olds
This was a fun day. I collected several garden snails and put them on boards on each table. The children sat around with their sketch paper and black pens. They drew what they saw. I didn't want squashed snails, so I asked the children to let me know when their snails wandered off the boards. I would retrieve them. I was busy!
The children's language was rich and drawings were detailed. I haven't recorded them sadly.
They then drew the snail in white wax crayon, on a large piece of white paper. They put dark brown dye over top.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool project! Live drawing subjects! I love it! They came out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I wish I'd keep more images of results, they were so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...