Friday, 28 December 2012

Liebster Award Nomination



Thanks to Kay at http://lsusdtech.blogspot.com/, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award - an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Thanks Kay, it's great to get a recognition from a non art teacher.  The Liebster Award lets people with newer blogs know that they are appreciated, and it also helps spread the words about new blogs. 


These awards are a little like chain letters. I can understand if others don't want to continue if nominated. I will as I think the intent is positive. I am required to pass on the recognition to others who are new to blogging. Also to write random things about me and answer questions asked by Kay. 
Random stuff.
I've been married for 31 years.
I became dairy intolerant 3 years ago...bang, covered in a rash.
My 29 year old son is covered in tattoo's.
I ran a marathon in 4 hours 12 minutes.

Kay's questions.
1.  When did you decide to become a teacher? When I was about 8.
2.  What is the biggest reward in teaching? Creating with kids.

3.  What is the biggest challenge in teaching? Keeping fresh.
4.  What is your most embarrassing moment? Water skiing and my bikini top rose around my chin. Did I let go?
5.  When were you the most proud of yourself? Being part of my children's lives, turning them into gorgeous adults.
6.  Who is your role model?  In teaching, it would be my dad, who was an inspirational teacher.
7.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why? I've done a lot of travelling and every destination has something special. The next trip is to India in April. I'm curious and apprehensive. I'm expecting a country of extremes.
8.  What is your favorite sport? Swimming.
9.  If you could write a book, what would it be about? Teaching art.
10.  Where did you grow up? All over New Zealand, my folks were teachers and they went where the jobs were.
11.  What is your favorite children's book to read aloud to your students? Paul Jennings short stories.

I'd like to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award;
Erica at http://artrelate.blogspot.co.nz/ 
Kristen of http://princessartypants.blogspot.co.nz/
Elizabeth of http://paintersofdreams.blogspot.com/
Joe of http://artwithmrhall.blogspot.co.nz/
Miriam of http://arteascuola-miriampaternoster.blogspot.co

3 comments:

  1. Good on you Gretchen!
    We went to India last Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the north (Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur)and there were some very special things in the South too. Like Australia however, the good things to see are pretty far apart distance wise.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. A double thanks Gretchen : )
    And re India, my highlight was Hampi while my wife still raves about the food, architecture and art of the Portuguese influenced Goa. India's such a diverse place, and I felt as though we barely scratched the surface. I'm sure you'll find your own highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so happy to know this Liebster Award!! Thank you Gretchen to nominate me as a candidate for the award!
    I’m starting to follow your blog as well, it’s amazing!! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...