Thursday, 6 September 2012

african masks








African masks.
Six year olds.

These were a creative hit with the kids. They took on the challenge whole heartedly. We looked at a few African mask examples from different tribes. They observed similarities and colours used. They discussed why they thought they had been made. They were given a large piece of black paper and shown how to make two darts at the top. The darts made them 3D. Other than that interference from me, it was up to them. Each time I saw something interesting being done, I made the others aware of it. They bounced off one another.

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent job they've done. Love the muted colors, it really 'fits' and the one with swirls looks almost Maori. I like this better than my version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I appreciate feed back very much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...