Wednesday, 22 August 2012

koru art



Koru art
Five year olds.

As part of our focus on cultural art, the five year olds explored the origins and use of the ponga's koru in Maori art. The children made koru shapes on large practice pages before making one on black paper and cutting it out. They made repeating koru patterns after seeing Maori kowhaiwhai panels. They made black marker pen korus on red card, which they coloured with white wax crayon. In groups, the children filled a page with all the korus they had worked with during the day.

2 comments:

  1. This is so effective! I love the way you tie in the patterns from Maori culture! I've added you to my blog roll, and would love you to visit me at Dream Painters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. The lesson went together so well today.I will check you out now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...