Thursday, 28 June 2012

painting organisation



Paint.
Five year olds.
The little children are so receptive to mixing colours and creating their own. The children were making a garden scene. They worked in groups of four. I supplied them with the primary colours and white. I left black out as this can dominate the new colours when the children are still learning about how much to add. I put a plastic spoon in each container. The children know that only the spoon goes in the paint containers. They spoon paint onto their plastic lid (pallet) and mix the colour they want with their paint brush. They use the paint they mix and start with a new colour. I didn't give them water and surprisingly, no one asked for it. I have plastic lids for the paint containers so no washing of paint pots. The spoons stay in the containers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...